Our anniversary, was a few days ago. My sweet hubby brought home a beautiful bouquet of roses. I have been trying to capture their beauty with a new camera, that I don't know how to work quite yet. We went out for a wonderful dinner and reminisced about the years past. With all of lifes ups and downs, we have enjoyed the journey together. We have also learned that when the road gets really bumpy, hang on to each other tighter. I love that guy!
Thanksgiving was really nice. We had great food and plenty of it! We had wonderful company and missed those who didn't come. It was a much needed restful and relaxing day. I hope all of our family that is sick, gets feeling better. (The only problem was....I didn't take a picture)
Black Friday was interesting. The only store I had ever been to for the early morning sales was Jo Ann's Fabric, but this year Rosie and I ventured out to Wal-Mart at 4:30 am. I was appalled of how some people acted! After gathering a few of the items I wanted and standing in the check out line for 45 minutes, we were out of there in one hour......and on to Jo Ann's, where people were much more civil! If people will push, shove, grab, fight and yell over a good sale....it makes me wonder how people will act when they are hungry and they have no food. If I learned anything from this its: we need to be more prepared for hard times!

6 comments:
Yesterday was fun Mom. And Thanksgiving.
Love ya!
David wanted me to go to JoAnns on Black Friday (for the wonderful sales), yet I didn't want to hassle with the crowds. Did you read about the Wal-Mart employee,who was trampled to death, and this is only a SALE. I also fear for what people will do when times get harder. David keeps telling me, we need a better gun.
Happy anniversary you two! 31 years is a huge accomplishment in the world we live in today. It does the heart good to know that love, committment and endurance are still qualities found in some marriages! Love you all
You'll never get me out on a Black Friday. NO WAY! Do you see why they call it "Black" Friday! People are nuts! It's ridiculous. HOpe you had a great Thanksgiving!
Connie, I always love reading your blog. I check the weather in AK regularly on your blog...i love that feature! Will you please tell Rick that Maren is missing him. She was talking about him the other day and asked if she could visit him. Maybe we'll have to plan a trip to see you!
Connie, this is about your Crayon Bag, not really about this post, but I didn't know where else to leave the comment. But, just wanted to say congrats! That is great! :) And CUTE!!! You are so creative!
Post a Comment