Friday, December 12, 2008

Be Grateful

I have been a little discouraged lately, and my dear husband continues to teach me life lessons through example and love. I have had some downer feelings lately and been struggling with some situations in life, many I cannot fix. Have you ever felt that no matter what you do, you are "damned if you do and damned if you don't?" We read in the Ensign a few nights ago, an article about "The Other Part of Forgiveness." It has helped me realize and accept that I cannot control every situation and I certainly cannot control the actions of others, but I can pray for them. Of course, this is no news flash.....it just helped me put things in perspective...once again. I am blessed, beyond measure. I hope I am not found guilty of being ungrateful of the many blessings freely given to me. So a few random "simple pleasures" from the last few weeks:

-hugs from grand kids, kids, and hubby

-hugs from Primary children

-good health, what a wonderful blessing

-grasshopper mint ice cream pie

-laughs, laughs and more good deep belly laughs

-The Lord entrusting me with a new calling that will make me stretch, and stretch and stretch some more.

-glasses, so I can read and see my food when I eat

-my heater under my desk, to have instance heat when desired

-exciting hope for the future of our baby girl!!!

-an electric heating mattress cover.....heaven sent (when Rick read this he said that he thought this one would be on the top of my list)

Would you like to share a few of yours? I'd love to hear some!

5 comments:

The Alaska Coyles said...

First off, you will do great in your new calling. You are Stake material. I am surprised they did not snatch you up sooner.
Grateful -
1. Eilish having her own room after 4 1/2 years.
2. Wonderful children who are caring and kind to their mother.
3. Wonderful friends.
4. A hard working hubby, one that will do anything so I can stay home with the kids.
5. A son who can start the car when it is soooooooo cold outside.
Oh, I guess you said a couple. I was getting carried away.
Thanks for your friendship Connie. It means a lot to me.

Rosie said...

I laughed at the one with glasses so you can see your food:)

Praying for others is BIG and sometimes hard, especially when you don't want too........I will work on that one with you!

I am grateful for-
1.Birthday parties my kids get to go too and give me a few hour break.

2.Friends that stop by unexpected to bring you Christmas goodies.

3.My little sister and her future.

4.Shows I enjoy like "The Unit" and "Lipstick Jungle" and "Survivor"

5.Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know about discouragement! These past few months I didn't know how I was going to get through it. My sister taught me to believe in miracles and to have FAITH! And pray, pray, pray. Also, read Moroni. I am so grateful:
1. that caitlin is going to survive this cancer and that she is still with us.
2. for generous and thoughtful friends and family who have given so much.
3. prayer
4. our savior Jesus Christ and the atonement.
5. for a wonderful husband.
6. all my children and grandchildren.
7. for my testimony of the gospel.
8. for good health.
9. for a warm home.
10. Everything!

Love to all of you and Merry Christmas!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Well, I like this one. I am going to post a grateful on my page I've decided. Ü I have plenty to be thankful for but I'll say a couple...

1. Family
2. Jake
3. Friends
4. Good Health
5. Safety
6. Gospel
7. Blessings blessings blessings

I thought that I would wrap it up since I could go for days and then what would I put on my grateful list?? Ü Love ya!

risferrell said...

I have known some discouragement in my life. I'm sure more will come as I age!
1. I am thankful for family in Alaska that send me Christmas cards!
2. My husband and my kids. They are the biggest support that I have.
3. The scriptures. I honestly don't know how people can survive this life without their constant insight.
4. Knowing that this life is just a continuation of the war in heaven just on mortal ground now. That makes me feel powerful! We are warriors and we CAN do this!

Love you Connie.