Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good Busy Sunday

Today was ward conference for two different Palmer wards in our stake, because Rick and I both have stake callings, off we go. We arrived at the first ward and attend their block meetings and was fed by the spirit. We then had an hour before the next ward conference started, but Bergan was speaking in our home ward, so we raced back to Wasilla to attend our sacrament meeting and was spiritual fed once again. Bergan did an awesome job, we were so proud of her. She spoke on the sacrament. Then we raced back to Palmer to finish up with their meetings. It was a busy Sabbath, but a good busy. We served, we were taught and fed by the spirit, and enjoy giving family support. But the most important thing we did today was partake of the sacrament. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that we get each week to participate in this ordinance. I appreciate the reverent manner the Aaronic Priesthood prepares and passes the sacrament, no matter which ward it is in. It's wonderful to know that I can renew my baptismal covenants, be forgiven of my wrongs and start fresh again. Isn't the Lord's plan wonderful? Have a great week.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Bergan did do a great job! And nothing like 7 hours of church to make you feel the spirit:)

It was nice to wake up the smornin and see another post from you so soon, way to Mom!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the ward conference days. I too am in a stake calling. In fact, I had to speak in Preston yesterday. YEEHAW! Thanks for your thoughts. I too am so thankful to be able to partake of the sacrament. Hope all is well!

Robert and Jill said...

It sounds like you had a busy Sunday but very rewarding spiritually.
I'm thankful I can renew my covenants I have made with the Lord.

Have a good rest of the week.

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Aaah, thanks. I still feel like I stuttered and lost my thoughts but ya, oh well, we live and we learn. Thanks for everything. I love ya!