I took this picture out our kitchen window this morning. I have lived here in Alaska for almost 6 years now and I never get tired of seeing moose in our yard or around the neighborhood or downtown for that matter. These big critters co-habitant with us. The moose here in Alaska also known as Alaska-Yukon Moose, are the biggest moose of all the subspecies. Behind only the bison, the moose is the second largest land animal in both North America and Europe. They are looking pretty skinny and weak this time of year. They eat on willows, twigs and bark all winter long. They are a natural landscaper, keeping the young willows trimmed down. I'm sure they are looking forward to spring, just like the rest of us!

4 comments:
I wish I looked weak and skinny after the winter--I am more of a hybernator:)
I Hope Spring is finding you guys up there!!
COOL CONIE THATS BIG ANIMAL
I love the landscape that you live in! I would love to see it myself. Maybe someday I'll get up to visit.
So beautiful! I love wildlife. I wish we got more moose by our house. Lots of deer though. One year when we still lived in our trailer, there was a moose in my garden. A young bull. It was so neat except that he was smashing my vegetables. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment