Saturday afternoon we headed to Valdez, a 510 mile round trip. It was their Branch Conference on Sunday, so we decided to head out on Saturday and spend the night. It was our first visit to Valdez. The weather was absolutely beautiful and and ride was gorgeous! Because it has warmed up so much the waterfalls were spectacular. Hundreds of water falls, even some so forceful they were hitting the road. We seen several glaciers, they always fascinate me. We also seen the Trans Alaska Pipeline, the first time for me. Branch Conference was so neat. There are about 175 members there and they have a Branch Choir that you wouldn't believe!!! It was a wonderful experience to meet so many of these faithful members. Great weekend get-a-way! We will be returning there in 3 weeks to speak in their Sacrament Meeting... and take advantage of some halibut fishing.
Rick outside of our hotel, right on the Harbour
Trans Alaska Pipeline, a total of 800 miles
Valdez Alaska Branch. Church was built about 20 years ago

9 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time! The weather was beautiful when you left so I knew you were going to have a good drive!! And the pictures were beautiful! I think me and Brooks will have to go sometime!:)
i glad you and rick had a good time
love you
love ashley
What a beautiful waterfall! Glad the weather was nice for you!
Loved reading about your trip to Valdez another blessing the gospel brought into your life.The pictures were great it helps us fell of the places you have been.Happy it was a pleasent day and you and Rick had a great time.
What beautiful country you live in. I am almost afraid to have Lee see this post...he is always saying he wants to move to Alaska with you guys and I'm afraid those pictures are enough to push him over the top!! Glad you had such a wonderful trip and conference!
Wow..that is gorgeous. I really do want to come see you someday. Miss you both!
Looks like you had a great time. It's always fun to do a little getaway. The scenery up there is beautiful. I hope some day Keith and I can come up and visit. Love you guys!
Tell Rosie to get a move on with her blog!
What a fun trip. I too, have never been to Valdez. So, glad you two had a great time. Next time take me!!
looks like an awesome trip! Sorry we couldn't be there for Bergan's wedding. Jenn and I were both way bummed but i guess thats just something you have to deal with when you're a starving student! How are you guys? i hope you don't mind but i added your blog to our list. if you wanna check ours out let me know and i'll add you to the list!
Chris Roundy
Post a Comment