Last week was drama packed with Stake Young Women's Camp. However, it went pretty good. We had around 180 girls and 60 Stake and Ward Leaders. Since Rick is the HC over the YW in the Stake, he was there most of the time as well. Rick and I would come home at night to sleep in our own bed, and we were still exhausted by the time it was over. But I do believe the girls went away learning something and hopefully gaining a stronger testimony.
Now, for the speeding ticket. One of those morning while I was driving to camp, Rick had left earlier, I was pulled over and received my first ever speeding ticket. I have now joined the ranks with the rest of my family. I certainly didn't realize I was going 61 in a 45. I even had my cruise control set at 58, thinking the speed limit was 55. Oh well, it's not like I haven't deserved others!
Now for the best part; my little green house occupants have really been doing great. We have been eating cherry tomatoes (which are yellow) strawberries from a hanging plant and just picked 2 zucchini and 2 cucumbers. Oh how I miss having a large garden, but I sure appreciate each and every item now!
"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes." ~JOHN DENVER, musician
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Girl's Camp, Speeding Ticket, and Vegies
Posted by Connie~ at 10:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Dear Connie! IN my book any leader that goes to camp get's a big E for effort. So sad doing such a worhtwhile erand for the Lord, one gets a speeding ticket.Your garden is amazing, It get's tender loving care I'm sure.
hay connie sorry about the spending ticket but i am glad you had fun
Girls camp...yeah Drama packed...LOL! Now your making me feel guilty about not gardening here....bad soil and lots of heat, I guess I should at least try...I love the John Denver quote...he is RIGHT!
Girls camp is great. I sure miss the days. Sorry about the ticket though. I've never had a speeding ticket either...knock on wood. I'm sure I just jinxed myself. Or you jinxed me! LOL! Miss you guys! Oh and tell Rosie I'm still butt hurt that she's not posting any more! BTW...Ashlee got the swine flu! Can you just freaking believe that. She's doing okay though.
lol sorry to hear about the ticket but glad to know that you are keeping it all in perspective! I envy you your green thumb...I have tons of sun, plenty of water and boo coo determination and the end result is......no plants growing but the onions, tomatoes and peppers. Oh well!
Those cucumbers were to die for! So good! And thanks for the dinner the other night! We all went home so stuffed and slept very good too!:) Great food!
You are now online in the Public records. Congratulations! I too, which we could have a garden. I saw my friend's garden (who is down in Utah) and boy am I jealous. I'm sure the fresh veggies taste so yummy!!!
Post a Comment