Friday, October 9, 2009

Have the Courage to be Different

Food for Thought: We have 5 chokecherry trees. This year, one decided to "be different."

Have the courage to be different. One of the greatest challenges for all of us is to learn how to live in the world without participating in all that it offers. As you dare to be different, your exemplary conduct will not go unnoticed. Although you will be tried and tested, your faithful adherence to the Lord’s standards will be seen as a beacon in the night to those around you. Have the courage to be different when it is required of you to be true to the standards of the Church. You will be respected for it. And if occasionally you are not respected, you need not worry, because that is not the kind of association you will want or need in your future. ~By Elder Donald L. Staheli

6 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Thanks for the post!!! I love the fall colors-It still seems so green here still-I hope we get to see some soon over here:)

Ashley Rasmussen said...

hay like it ant connie

GG JO and GG VAR said...

I Am glad you were able to enjoy some jelly from those little trees. We are all a little different from each other and that is a blessing.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful yard you have. Just a gorgeous veiw. Thanks for the wonderful thought. Words to live by for sure!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Thanks Maja. I love that picture and quite the way to express it. I love you and Paja so much.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. I can honestly say that looking at the trees as they change colors each year will bring me back to this post and remind me of the great lesson you shared with us. THANKS!