Saturday, February 27, 2010

Let There Be Light

Honeycomb Beeswax Candle:
an easy to make and a fun sweet smelling craft/gift! ALL you need is beeswax sheets and wick. They usually come in 8x12 or 8x16. In order to get my beeswax shipped here to Alaska, I opt to have the 8x12 sheets, mailed priority mail. I shopped around and the best place to buy, including shipping was HERE. They are also available in a rainbow of colors.
To make a tall candle use the whole sheet or to make 2 candles out of 1 sheet, cut a sheet length wise. I use a pizza cutter.

Now, measure your wick about an inch longer then the wax and press down onto the wax.
Make sure you wax is at least room temp. Using a hair dryer can warm up the wax so it will roll much easier.Turn over the edge and begin to roll with a little pressure, keeping the ends even.

Now, press down on the seam.
You can slightly warm up the end to make a very flat end so your candle will set straight.
If you would like a tapered candle, trim off some wax at an angle,
and follow the same instructions.

These candle burn clean and have a sweet smell. They make a great gift with a little gift tag added. Just remember to remove the tag before burning!
You can also embellish them with different colored wax using mini cookie cutters.

7 comments:

Pattie D said...

How cute! I think I might try this...looks pretty easy and so, so so cute. Thanks for sharing your fun and yummy ideas
hugs

Ashley Rasmussen said...

cute ant connie

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a cute idea!!! I didn't realize how easy they were to make-thanks for the idea!!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! These are really cute. Lucky you to have time to do stuff like this. Miss you guys!

GG JO and GG VAR said...

Connie I can get this kind of wax at the Cox honey store. We need prodjects for the winter months.

The Alaska Coyles said...

So, what is next? You are always coming up with cute, creative ideas. Love this.

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

I think these are so fun! You are talented maja, that is for sure. I bet the Young Women loved them! I know I would if I was still in YW. Love ya!