Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dip Netting the Kenai

The Pitcher family ventured out on a dip netting excursion. We had a 3 vehicle and a boat caravan all the way down to Kenai. Thanks to Jake's brother, Josh, for letting us take his boat. We got a great camp site set up, with our "little city" a total of 5 tents and 16 people.



What's a camping/fishing trip without hot dogs....

And giant size marshmallows!

Enjoying the great outdoors and a fire, while the man folk are out on the boat fishing.
The g-kids with their omelet in a baggie. They were a hit.

They almost look like they knew what they were doing.

Fruits of their labors.... Red salmon.

Big King salmon!

It was a whale of a fish!

Pretty proud fisherman.

This I thought I'd never see! Well, our timing wasn't too good. The commercial fisherman were out and we only caught 8, yes, that is not a type-o, 8 fish!

Randy taking out the bones..

All cleaned, filleted, and vacuum packed....frozen.
♥Connie

3 comments:

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

It was a good time and we had gorgeous weather! Thanks for letting Brin and I come. She had so much fun, especially waking me up at 3:22am. :) Good post, good pictures, just need one of you! :) Love ya! XOXO

Semperfive21 said...

Thanks for taking the kids. They had a great time and so did I!:) I love the pic of Kolby:)

Anonymous said...

Your family always has so much fun! You guys are amazing!