Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kolby's Baptism and Confirmation


Kolby Torres was baptized by his dad in Fish Creek on Saturday, August 16th. Family and friends were there to witness this wonderful event. Afterwards, we all went to the Torres home for the Confirmation of Kolby. He is such a special kid. We just love him!

Rick and I, aka; Papa and Munga or Gramma, give the grand kids their scriptures with their name on it when they turn 8 and are baptized and confirmed. This month's theme in Primary has been: " I will show my faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized and confirmed." I'm so grateful to be able to partake of the sacrament each Sunday and renew my baptismal covenants that I made at my baptism many years ago.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

He had such a good day! He was so handsome and that fish he caught with his bare hands! Only Kolby........:)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day for Kolby! He looks like such a happy kid. I love the idea of a creek baptism. What a wonderful memory for all of you.

Unknown said...

Lucky him it was summertime for the baptism. I can only imagine an outdoor baptism in Alaskan winters!

Anonymous said...

What great postings you put up. Thanks for all your words of advice. YOu are such a good example to me of faith and righteousness. It gives me hope and encouragement. Luv u guys!

Mama Apes... said...

Love the pictures!! What a neat experience!! Rosie told me all about the fish...I couldn't believe it!