Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Land of the Fairies

We have a lot of wild mushrooms and related fleshy fungi (including toadstools, puffballs, morels, coral fungi, etc.) Many different kinds, all shapes and colors. These are some pictures of a few of them in our fairyland, I mean yard. If I were a fairy, I'd like the house with the orange roof.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I happened upon your blog today and I just wanted to tell you that your pictures and comments made me smile:)

Anonymous said...

They are actually very beautiful, aren't they. I guess if I were a fairy I would have to have an orange roof too!

Rosie said...

I love this post! Your pictures look great, I saw a orange one out front in the forest and thought it was a papaya.

Anonymous said...

That is so incredible! What a wonderland you have up there. Wouldn't it be great to be a fairy? I don't think they'd like my yard. LOL! But I guess they could become friends with my gnomies!