Monday, September 29, 2008

Be Grateful

Meet my BEST FRIEND.

I thought I would do a "Be Grateful" on my husband. I know I take him for granted, but he brings so many "simple pleasures" to my life that I do appreciate:

-Besides being loving, kind and patient with me, here are a few things I'll share that still makes my heart patter:
-he leaves me sweet sticky notes of love and encouragement on my computer. I have a whole pile of them, can't throw them away.
-he gets up everyday, and works hard for us so we can have a family business, with never a complaint.
-he calls me on the phone while he's at work, just to say hello, and that he loves me. "Hello Darl'in" is the ring tone that rings on his phone when I call him. Ü
-he invites me to lunch when his work permits.
-he gives me compliments, on a meal or the yard or my church calling, etc.
-he makes me laugh. He says that he loves to make me smile. "Just to see You Smile" is the ring tone that rings on my phone when he calls me.
-he reads to me every night, whether it be the Ensign, Church News or a book we are reading. We just finished the book "Strangling Your Husband Is NOT an Option." Most entertaining!
-he is my equal, my partner, my friend. We are a team.
-he inspires me to be a better person everyday.
I love this man, and I guess others have noticed. I received a small gift from a kind friend in the mail the other day, it was a small picture frame with the words, "the BEST thing I've done was to LOVE this man." She said that she thought it was made just for me. I agree!
You may think we are silly, mushy or crazy, but after almost 31 years we are still working at our marriage. We are more in love now then ever. Things do get better with age....if you let them!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Ahhhh, that is such a sweet post, my vote is for probably the best one. He is a great guy, great Dad, great husband, great Papa, and a great example on how to be a service oriented person.

I love you guys!

Unknown said...

You are such a sweet couple and it gives the rest of us hope to see such a couple still in love after all these years. Thanks for always being such great examples.

GG JO and GG VAR said...

My heart rejoiced when I read your "Be Grateful" entry about your husband and friend. I have read " The best thing you can do for your family is to love and respect each other" You sound so happy and that makes me happy to. Rick is a good man, He is a keeper , Well done Connie Love you ,Mother

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so great! Sounds like me and Keith! LOL! Seriously, though, that is how I feel about him. You guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a tender post! You are so very lucky to have Rick!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

I love you both. Thank you for loving each other. You are great parents.