Saturday, September 20, 2008

Princess Slumber Party

WE, King Papa and Queen Munga, had the 3 oldest princesses over last night for a fun time!


This is a picture of the girls right after they had been pronounced princesses and crowned. They were so cute! Princess Kassidy, Princess Makena, and Princess Lexi. Aren't they beautiful?!


King Papa read them a book called, " Polite as a Princess." We talked about kindness and manners.

This pictures is right before we went out on our "Princess Service Mission." We took cookies around to 3 different families and told them we were service princesses and we wished them a "good evening." The girls were so excited and giddy. As King Papa drove us around, the girls started singing primary songs all by themselves. King Papa even joined in a few of them....fun times!


After our service, we went to McDonald's for a royal treat. We drew a bit of attention, the girls were so fun!


This is the royal party, just before the clock struck, and it was time for bed. We talked to them about being a real "princess of a Heavenly King", that they were indeed a REAL PRINCESS. Fun night, fun memories, special spirits. We are so blessed!


One last picture... this was this morning, they were all coloring, just before we took them to the church for a Primary Activity. They left their crowns and special towels, but hopefully they took some fun, lasting memories. Love them!

10 comments:

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

How fun! They will remember this forever. You and Dad are such good Grandparents and those 3 little beautiful girls are Angels saved for these last days. How lucky are we to be able to be with them? :) Love ya Maja and Paja!

Unknown said...

Everybody should have grandparents as fun as you guys! Rick looked good in the crown.

Rosie said...

Oh, I love all the pictures, especially Dad reading to the girls:) Kassidy had a great time and it is good for her to do stuff away from her brothers. Thanks for taking her!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

The girls couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had!! And the pictures are PRICELESS! This is a memory they will always remeber and cherish! And what a cute idea you had in taking them around as "princesses" to do service! Thanks for taking them, I enjoy they REALLY enjoyed it! And I think "Papa" should wear that crown more often!!:)

GG JO and GG VAR said...

I love this blogging!
You are making memories of a life time, and a evening they will never forget.You are getting your king and queen blessing already here on earth. It's never to early to teach those beautiful

little girls how special they are. I wish I was one that got some cookies from those little angles.

Anonymous said...

You two are amazing examples of what grandparents should be like! Thanks for the inspiration! I totally loved the themed sleepover idea and it sounds like you had it down to every detail! What fun and priceless memories for all of you. Love the post! Darla

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! You are awesome grandparents! I really enjoy reading your blog and the neat and inspirational comments you make. what a great way to keep in touch!
Love you guys!

Stevens Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! That must be so nice that you are all able to be so close together. They are lucky to have such wonderful Grandparents!

Mama Apes... said...

So cute connie! What a fun idea! Looks like you two are having so much fun with so much family around!

Danielle said...

Oh Connie!!! This made me cry!!! How lucky those kids are to have grandparents so close. I remember how lucky us kids were to have Grandma and Grandpa Jo (LOL!) so close and to spend so much time with them. I still remember those memories today and keep them close to my heart as I'm sure those kids will do with the memories you're making with them. Keep up the good work Grandma! =)