Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time Out for Women

Friday and Saturday we all attended the "Time Out for Women" in Anchorage. We enjoyed the programs. We were entertained yet fed by the spirit. We laughed, we cried...good stuff.

On Friday night, we heard from Sheri Dew, and Wendy Watson Nelson; who married Elder Russell M. Nelson in 2006. They are best friends and their presentation together was most entertaining. We were also favored to hear songs from Hilary Weeks, who grew up in Alaska. She is a talented music writer and singer. Her sense of humor, and her insight to everyday life experiences was enjoyable.

On Saturday, we traveled back to Anchorage for a full day. We heard from Emily Watts and Merrilee Boyack, who both have several books out. They were both wonderful speakers, full of the spirit and yet had us laughing as well. We also heard from Ardeth Kapp, Chris Stewart, and Michael Wilcox. They all shared wonderful experiences and life lessons. Of course, it was presented by Deseret Book, so there was a place were all their books and CD were available for purchase. We all succumbed, we left with a bag full of wonderful reading.

All in all, I felt we were spiritually fed and uplifted. It was nice to get away from the hum-drum of the world and sit, relax and enjoy being spiritually fed. Good times!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

That was fun Mom! I learned alot:)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time to spend with the ladies you love most! I am so happy for all of you and after seeing who you were privileged to hear from, I am sure you were all in stitches while being spiritually fed!

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to do! I have plans to take the "girls" to the BYU Women's Conference in April of 2009. I am so excited. And what a cute picture of the four of you! Great family!

Mama Apes... said...

Oh Time Out for Women I have gone the last 3 years out here in AZ! It's so amazing!! They are bring time out for couples this year ans for sure we going!!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

YAY! That was a good thing to do. I just wish we didn't have to get up so early. :)

GG JO and GG VAR said...

I wish I could have tagged along with you and enjoyed that great "Time out for women"
Keep the togetherness going.