This picture was taken on a "RARE" beautiful calm day, on the Bering Sea Coast village of Shishmaref, Alaska. Shishmaref has been in the news lately around the world as a tool of the global warming crowd. The coastal erosion is slowly eating their village..... as where I stand.
Here is a picture taken from a bush plane, about 100 miles outside Nome, Alaska.
This is typical village homes in Shishmaref, Alaska. It is on the north Bering Sea Coast, right by the arctic circle......near Russia. They will be returning there to do much needed electrical repairs.


Here is a variety of food preparation....Eskimo style. Eskimo interpreted into English is "raw meat eater." They don't call it rotten, their meat is "aged."

It always an adventure working in "bush" Alaska!

It always an adventure working in "bush" Alaska!

8 comments:
Wow, it sure makes me thankful for the things that I have. It looks like they live in a lot of poverty. But what some beautiful country! Sounds like Rick is keeping busy.... and that's good! But i bet you hate him being gone that long too. Glad his business is going so well. Miss you guys!
it looks cool
I love all the pics that you post. Thanks I love the updates and am trying to do better. Miss you and your kids!
It is like you live on another plantet up there! The scenery is just gorgeous. I really need to come for a visit someday. When is the best time of year would you say?
Thanks for the pictures!, now we can see how primitive it realy is up there in the bush. Were glad Rick is home again safe and got a lot done up there.I got out my map Rick to see where you went.
Some beautiful pictures of Alaska. I love the picture with Dad. The pictures of the Eskimos living style is very humbling and makes me so grateful for what we have. We are so blessed. I guess they choose to do that but I'm glad that I don't have to.
I posted something above but it was in your name, oops. :)
My first thoughts were...do Rick and David eat with the Eskimos when they are out there? Surely not. They would most certainly get sick. These people probably have stomaches of steel....used to eating that way for so long that their bodies have made the necessary adjustments. Anyway, love the pictures.
Post a Comment