Rick and I have pioneer heritage and with Pioneer Day being on a Saturday this year, we decided to have a Family Pioneer Day Party, however the rain thought is was welcomed too!
We had to modify and cancel some of the activities, but we all have fun! All the kids had to rotate through the stations as teams. They all did so good!
Jake was in charge of nail pounding: They ALL had to hammer in a big nail, by themselves.
Gramma and Papa were in charge of the butter shake and dutch oven dinner: I didn't get a picture of the dutch ovens, but we had 5 full dutch ovens of wonderful old-fashioned cook'in!
Then we pulled old fashioned honey taffy: Teamwork!
The two babies, hanging out! They are dressed in their overalls, country Alaska kids!

Butter, the end result. The recipe said to shake it for 20 minutes..... well, after about 1 hour, we finally got butter, the best butter I have ever tasted!
I don't know if we would have made very good PIONEERS!

5 comments:
The kids and I had a blast. Darn rain though. I didn't get to try the butter, same me a smidge.
Thanks for all the time and effort you and Dad put into the games and food. Someday my kids will get to say "When I was little Munga and Papa used to ....... with me." That makes me smile:)
All I can say is that you are amazing grandparents! What great things you think of to do with your family. You are a great example to us all.
fun
Love all the pictures!! We've all been talking about how much fun we had! You guys put in so much time and thought into making that day special and we sure loved and appreciate it!:)
Thanks for the good food....dutch oven is always fabulous!
It was such a fun day! Thank you for everything. Family is important and special. We had a good time.
Oh, bless the Pioneers. I couldn't have done it that is for sure. Ü
Post a Comment