Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Scoop of UTAH sprinkled with IDAHO... Simplicity

Bergan, Jake, Brinley and I went to Cache Valley for a great vacation! I didn't get pictures of all the family...., but here are a few of the happenings.

We took family and generation pictures just before church.We were treated by Mom and Dad to a play, "Seven Brides for Seven Brother." It was most entertaining! There were just a few places I wanted to go while in Cache Valley; Desert Book, Cox's Honey, The Distribution Center, Gossner's Cheese and a raspberry shake at Bear Lake!

Mom and Dad took me to the cabin for a relaxing day. Dad and I went on a 4-wheeler ride that I enjoyed so much. The strong smell of the pines and sage was absolutely wonderful.
I tried to find the gold fish in the pond and help Mom with her puzzle. I enjoyed the beauty of the wildflowers which covered the mountain sides.


Mom and I had a few sessions on the computer. She has now posted on her blog- all by herself, Rasmussen Ranch. Got a few pictures of Dad, doing something he loves and that's irrigate and garden. I visited with Paul for a short time. And I could kick myself for not getting pictures of the rest of the Rasmussen family I seen. Shari, Rick's sister, had a lunch get together with the Pitcher side and I didn't get any pictures of them either.....
The trip was definitely a vacation, simplified and relaxing. I do enjoy being with my parents so much and appreciate their love, kindness and being who they are. Love you Mom and Dad.
Thanks for the great time! ♥

8 comments:

Rosie said...

What some great pictures:) Too bad you didn't get more pictures. I wish I really could have gone with you guys...next time. I'm glad your home though, the kids were glad to see you today!

Beth at Aunties said...

What a fun filled trip doing things with those you love! Your family is beautiful! The generation picture is priceless.
I am glad you were able to spend time with your cute parents and other family in some of the most beautiful country Heavenly Father blessed us with.
Is that not 'Ricks Springs' on the way to beautiful Bear Lake? We stop there each time we past through and pay homage to my greatgggrandfather who first discovered the springs. Thomas E Ricks. I even blog using his wife's name who was my ggggrandmother, Elizabeth.
This month we too are planning a get away with most of our family to bear Lake for delicious Raspberry milkshakes, Tony's Grove ect.
Our family ties are also strong in Cache Valley and Logan is where we were married. We were both raied in Idaho and each of our children were born there.
Do you know a Ralph Pitcher originally from Smithfield? Do your parents know Rex and Eddie Thompson? Rex just turned 90. Or the Marlers?
We enjoy attending the Martin Harris pageant every chance we get.
I love when we can make connections in cyber space. I so enjoy reading about your sweet family. You inspire me to be better:)

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

It was so much fun! It was busy, but fun. Thanks for encouraging me to go Maja, it was a good experience. Grandma Jo and Grandpa Var are so wonderful. You got some great pictures that I want. I will give you the ones that I have too. I am kicking myself for not getting pics of everyone also. But the ones that we did get are great. Sure love ya Maja. Thanks for all of your help, especially with Brinley. She sure loves her Granma. Ü

Anonymous said...

Great post Connie! Sure wish we could have seen you guys while you were here. Looks like you had a great time.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

I'm glad you had a great time! You got some great pictures! Love the ones of you all dressed up and GGVar in his garden! What an awesome garden!:) Nice that you got to go to the cabin and on a nice 4wheeler ride! and I heard that cheese is pretty amazing too! I keep telling Brooks that we need to go down! Thanks for the fun stuff you brought back, the girls loved it!

Ashley Rasmussen said...

glad u came

GG JO and GG VAR said...

Connie You were a joy to have home again! Our memories will always be treasured of the fun things we did. Remember you are our favorite daughter and we love your visits. Thanks for bringing Bergan, Jake and Brinley with you, we enjoyed them so much and it seemed so good to have family here. LOVE YOU♥

Pattie D said...

Oh Connie...isn't it great to have the favorite daughter status?! I miss those days of my dad telling me I was his favorite girl....
What fun you must have had in Utah...I just adore your parents, not any better! My Kimberly says the same thing about them, she just loves them to pieces....So how do you know Beth? She is a gem too! I am so blessed to have such examples in my life!