Wednesday, January 19, 2011

APPLES

Every January here in Alaska, I don't know about the rest of you, we have a BIG sale on apples.... how much you say.... .88 cents a pound! These are not the school boy size, they are the BIG ones!
This year I bought Fiji, Gala, and Cameos.

I drug out the food dehydrator, haven't use it since we moved to Alaska, and got it going! Ours is a rather large one, has 9 shelves.

I loved the smell that filled the kitchen as the apples dried.

It took about 7-8 hours for the apples to dry.
Now I have a great treat for my grand kids.


Tomorrow I will do it all again!
♥ Connie

4 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

those look yummy!!! I should send you our family recipe for apple pudding cake!!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

You are awesome! They are good and I'm looking forward to try the tart ones. ;) Love ya!

This is Kolby:... Hi Munga. I like the dried apples and I hope you make more. I love you. :)

Anonymous said...

Well there is such a thing as the post office and you could pack some up and mail them my way! YUM!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Those were yummy!! Bladen still had a tiny piece in his mouth by the time we got home:) Awesome price too!