Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring--- Blogging

I want to share a TASTE OF SPRING with you! My dear husband just came in the house with these beautiful flowers and surprised me!
Made my day! Thanks Hon!

Vicki over at Green Eyed Girls Crafts awarded my blog with the "Stylish Blog Award." First I want to tell you a little about how I met Vicki. One day I was blog hopping, enjoying some talented craft ideas and I came upon Vicki's blog. It was fun and down to earth, and I also noticed she was from Logan, so I immediately liked it. I saved it to my blogs I visit and checked by periodically. One day I decided to email her and let her know I grew up in Cache Valley, and lived River Heights. She wrote back and said she also grew up in River Heights! What a small world! We emailed back and forth and shared names and stories of people we knew that each other might know. It was so fun to "meet" someone in the blogging world that was from a "part of home."

Now about that blog award.... I have felt that my blog was nothing compared to those many professional looking blogs out there. I do enjoy looking and gleaning from some of their crafts and homemaking ideas, and make them simplified to fit my life. I am not a photographer, a writer- (thank goodness for spell check), a party planner, an interior decorator, a creative crafter.... But I am a wife, mom and grandma who likes to enjoy my family. I was blessed with many talents, however unfortunately not a master of any. So my blog was mostly to share with family and friends that were interested in and wanted to share in our life. At one time I created a blog called Gramma's Gatherings. It was to be a place where mom's and grandma's could glean from each others ideas of fun activities to do with kids and family on a budget. I deleted it, not thinking I had enough good ideas to share...... Yes, maybe a little hard on myself but it is what it is.

I thank Vicki for thinking of me and visiting my blog.

♥ Connie

4 comments:

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Aw! Good job Paja! It's always so fun when the hubbies have a sweet surprise. :)

You already know how much I love and admire ya Maja. You definately don't give yourself enough credit, especially as far as your MANY talents are concerned.

I am glad that you got to meet someone from "home" and share some similarities. You deserve this reward Maja. Thanks Vicki!

XOXO

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Those are beautiful!! I'm thinking a "TASTE OF SPRING" needs to visit my house too!:)

Rosie said...

That is so awesome you won! Cool Mom. And quit being so hard on yourself. You are doing a wonderful job as a Grandma!:)

2 thumbs up to Dad!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! Way to go Rick! And simply once again you are simply amazing!