Monday, April 4, 2011

BIRTHDAY SHOW & TELL

On my birthday this year, I received calls from ALL my brothers and my parents. My daughters took me to lunch. My kids and g-kids all came that evening and brought cupcakes and gifts. I'd like to share with you my thoughtful gifts!

Rick was going to be working away in Kenai on my birthday so the weekend prior to my birthday we went to Anchorage for some R&R. We went out to eat, seen a couple of movies and shopped. On my birthday these beautiful roses were delivered to the house. They absolutely fed my soul.


Rosie and Co. gave me this milk glass pitcher with these gorgeous Gerber daisies! They fed my spirit.


Rosie and Co. also gave me this cute little doll. I had to get the pictures of me when I was a toddlers out because I thought the doll looked like me. I call her CJ... for Connie Jill. They fed the kid in me.

Brooks and Co. gave me some home storage and ground some white wheat for me. I now have no excuse to make some whole wheat bread. They fed my body.

Bergan and Co. gave me a darling sweater, some smelly toiletries and a great book. They fed my esteem.

All of my dear little g-kids made me handmade birthday cards. Each one was precious, just like them. They fed my heart.

I received a fun box in the mail from my dear mom. She sent me some great keepsakes! Here are some hand embroidered dish towels and a locket with my brothers and me.... She has always fed my testimony with her example of service.


And, I received a Happy Birthday text from Ryan, who was in Kenai with Rick. He fed my hope.


I am so loved by my family. Thanks to all for your thoughtfulness!

♥ Connie

7 comments:

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

I'm glad that you had a good birthday Maja. We all sure love you. You are the glue in this family. Thank you for setting the example that you do. This post for example, you have gifts Mom, and I hope to obtain at least half someday. Love you and Happy Birthday!!! XOXO

Rosie said...

This touched me. I cried. Good post Mom. I love you.

Pattie D said...

I cried too! I am just an aquaintance...wow Connie look at your talents. Did your sweet mother embroider your towels? I love them! My mom did a set for me while she was sick before she died. It just brought back good memories. Thanks for sharing your insights...so uplifting!
hugs
Tricia

PS. I love the locket too...

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

I'm so happy to know you had a great birthday:) You deserved one! I love how you talked about each gift and how they all touched you in a different way, it was special!! xoxo

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

So glad you had such a great b-day you deserve it!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an amazing birthday! YOu have a wonderful family and so thoughtful. You are truly blessed! Miss you guys!

GG JO and GG VAR said...

Connie I love you as always♥ Mom