While growing up, my mom made whole wheat bread all the time. We always had fresh bread and homemade cinnamon rolls. My children didn't have the pleasure of such a treat. I could make a "mean" Rhodes bread, but that's was as good as it got! With all the wheat in storage, I felt is was high time to learn how to use it. I have NEVER made homemade 100% whole wheat bread until now! I was so proud of myself. I couldn't get enough praise! Ever Be So Humble.... NOT!!! Is being puffed up with pride always a BAD thing? (Just wait, maybe my next attempt will compel me to be humble)
Remember this birthday gift. The freshly ground wheat was calling my name to make some bread so it could RISE to the occasion! I used the hook of my Kitchen Aid for the first time ever to mix and kneed the bread. Was making bread really that easy!?
I waited impatiently as it raised... and that it did!
Next, put it into the pans and wait ....impatiently to rise again!
Bake.... how long??? Seemed forever. I was afraid my first try would result in hard door stops. But they came out beautiful, if I do say so myself!
* I had to call Candice a few times and ask her questions, since she has been making whole wheat bread. But I'm proof, it is never too late to learn, now to perfect!
♥ Connie

8 comments:
Haha, this was a fun post Maja! The bread was SO GOOD and I really don't think you need to change anything when you make it again. I volunteer myself to taste it whenever you do!!! You are awesome and I love you! XOXO
Good job!!:) i'm glad i could help. And you can have me over any time you want to taste it:)
Thanks for helping me out today;D
YUMMY! That looks so delicious. I can almost smell it from here!
Connie I could almost smell the bread it looked soooo good, keep up the good baking!!♥ Your Mother
I always loved the smell of fresh bread growing up. Looks like yours turned out really well. Always nice to have willing people around to help taste it too.
YOu are never to old to learn new tricks Mom:)
It looks delish! One of my favorite smells growing up was at my Grandma Johnson's house... she made fresh bread 3 times a week... a little butter and some honey... nothing better!
Post a Comment