Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WELCOME HOME... PITCHER FAMILY, WELCOME HOME!

This is a picture of our new home. We feel so blessed to have been able to purchase it. There were a few things we really wanted ie: shop, greenhouse, wood burning stove, double sinks in the master bath, and a large yard... and we found it! Did I mention there is a stream that borders our yard!?!?! Rick tells people we bought a shop and the house just came with it. We moved the end of November and into December. It was bitterly cold but we had wonderful help from family and friends.

The home was built in the early 80's, and never had any updates so we have fun dreaming of how we will fix things up. So far we painted the inside and replaced carpet in the home and built all new shelving in the shop. I won't even mention the 2 BIG dumpsters and 2 pick-up loads of junk that has gone to the dump... already. Come spring, I'm sure there will be many more loads. But we are excited to get outside and work in OUR yard.... or should I say MY yard!!

Here is a before and after picture of our living room.
My house is becoming a home! We will have many wonderful memories here with family and friends. Our hope it to have all who come, feel welcomed and at home.


♥ Connie

4 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I am so happy for you guys!! Looks like you will be very busy with so many fun things to do!! Love the after picture. . .looks so warm and cozy! Enjoy it-:)

Anonymous said...

THis is amazing! But I bet the pictures don't do it justice. I would love to see the surrouding area. Congrats on the new home!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

LOVE your new home. It is very nice and you have decorated it so beautifully. You deserve it. YAY! :) XOXO

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

I love your new home! We are so happy for you guys:) And yes, i also really love standing by that stove on a cold Alaskan day!!