Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I don't know what to call this!


When it is cold outside, (it will be below zero tonight) we enjoy eating soups and stews. So tonight I threw together this sausage and veggie menagerie. I don't know what else to call it, but it was GOOD! Rick always brags me up with my meals, if and when I do cook! My mom said that I drive her crazy the way I cook, because I never follow a recipe or measure anything. She told me that was the way my Grandma Hall cooked and everything she made was GOOD! Years ago, when I worked at Pepperidge Farm, I started making cookies without of recipe, because I learned so much of how the dough was suppose to feel. Add a little more of this or that. So when my girls call me and want a recipe I tell them.....some of this and a little bit of that, and it drives them crazy, just like my mom. It's just the way I've always done things......but I have made some horrific tasting things as well....but my dear hubby will always eat it and give me a compliment! Got to love that MAN! In fact he is out riding his bike, to work off the extra bowl!

7 comments:

Carter Rasmussen said...

Hey Connie...I'll be right over to finish up what Rick left behind.

I wish

Love ya
Lee

Anonymous said...

It looks really yummy...and really fattening. I love sausage! It doesn't sit well on my tummy though with this acid reflux that I have. But sometimes I still can't resist and then I regret it later.

Rosie said...

This looks awesome and I wish you would have saved me some........well more then a small bowl in the fridge that is:)

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

That was really good. Even though I had already ate with Jake, I still had to have some. It was perfect with the sourdough bread. Love ya Mom.

Oh yeah, could you write down actual measurements of ingredients next time you invent something because I'm with Grandma on the little bit of this thing. Ü

GG JO and GG VAR said...

Oh It's you that taught me how to through things together, I"M getting pretty good at it. Your stew looked good to me , I'll take Rick's word it was very good .
LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm it does look good!

Danielle said...

So I'm confused... what's the recipe again??? LOL! If you didn't get it that was a joke. Any who... just a little notice that I finally added to the blog. Sorry left ya in the dark for so long.