Calling all experts, okay even if you are not an expert, we are in need of some help. We are planning Bergan and Jake's wedding "open house" and we would really like some suggestions on wonderful refreshments/ h'orderves to serve. What did you serve at your open house or reception? What are some ideas you may have? Have you been to an open house or reception where there was something there that was extra ordinary, tasty or pretty? Did you serve your wedding cake? and if so when did you cut it, before or during the gathering? We are keeping all options opened right now. Any and all ideas, comments and suggestions are welcomed! Please!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I love SIMPLISATY!! My suggestions would be easier told over the phone. I Love your enthusiasm as you plan this wonderful occasion. Love YA ,MOM
I have been to acouple of receptions where they had a (now listen closely Connie)(are your listening)...CHOCOLATE Fountain. They had small square cakes (like angel food), fruit (strawberries, pinapple, etc) and my favorite were the cream puffs (they bought them at Sams, Three bears, etc). They had toothpicks by the fountain with platters of food and everyone would come and dip in the fountain. And yes they had plates there for people to put their food on. It was wonderful. Also, I have seen many cut their cake and serve it. They would do it half way through. You always have to have a picture of the bride and groom shoving a piece of cake in each others face. Some then cut the cake and served it (always leaving the top for the bride to put in the freezer and having it on their first anniversary. I have also seen where they decorate a styrofoam cake, with the top being real and serve "sheet" cakes to their guest. Any way is fine. Let me know if I can be of any help! I expect a call of some sorts to help.
I personally love the little finger sandwiches with like olives and cheese on toothpicks and a side of a dessert. But I'm not much into the sweet things. Whatever you do it will be great! I am so excited for Bergan!
Thanks Mom! I need all the help that I can get, you already know. Thank you for all of your help and all that you do for me. Love ya!
Sorry but I am gonna be no help to you at all on this topic! All I would have suggested is already covered and I am sure you are already well on your way in the planning stages anyway!!I'm sure it will be amazingly yummy and beautiful and memorable.
Thanks to all for your ideas and suggestions. I appreciated the emails and phone calls! And, so we move forward!
I don't know that I will be of any help. I do like the chocolate fountain idea. They are usually a big hit. Then there's always the chicken salad croissants. It's good with a fruit shish kabobs. If you want sheet cake Sams Club is a good place to go. Any way, good luck with everything. I'm sure it will be great not matter what you decide. Congratulations to your daughter Bergan on her engagement. Take care!
Mom and Dad did strawberry lemonade for ours, which we loved. They did a copycat recipe of Red Robin's. Also, we had chocolate and white cakes with strawberry filling in the middle from Costco. At our dinner, Michael's parents did the chocolate fountain, which was fun, and cheesecake and chicken salad sandwiches, etc., so I don't know that these are very original, but there you go. We loved it--it was great for us. Good luck! :)
There is a wonderful drink that I make and is a big hit.
1 (2 liter) bottles of diet or regular Sprite or 7 up
1-2 small tubs of Raspberry Flavored Crystal Light its the best or any flavor you like.
Pour diet sprite or 7up and in your punch bowl with ice cubes. Add the crystal light to the sprite and mix. Do not add water. Add frozen raspberries if you like in place of ice. (optional: you can add slices of lemon and lime to give it a little twist!)
Try it out on your family and see how they like it. :)
Post a Comment