Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bad Media

A few days ago, I received a phone call from our cable carrier, saying that we could have HBO for free for a X number of months, just have to approve it first. I simply told her that I would not have HBO in my house and she said that it was her job to give me a phone number if I choose not to except the offer, she kindly thanked me and hung up. I think there are so many things in this day and age that we simply have to say NO to. There is so much "Crap" out there on the tv and radio, we need to be careful, especially letting the little ones see and hear. I have gotten to the point that if I wouldn't let my grand kids watch it, we don't watch it. I don't think we can be too careful with the evils that "come through the back door." Ask yourself, who's agenda is it entertaining? Is it uplifting or brings you down?

Churches Stand on Big Love....and other things:
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma

Temples, a great video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_-TQivCx8

5 comments:

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Good post Maja. We do indeed live in in a time where evil is called good and good is called evil. I always thought that Tom Hanks was a good actor but too bad he is an extremely mislead man, as many people are these days. Prayer is essential more now than ever.

The Alaska Coyles said...

This is just how I feel. We also have the same rule. If I won't let the kids watch it, we (David and I) can't watch it. Why should we watch something we wouldn't let the kids watch??? It's telling you something. We need to be aware what we put into our minds as they are so very hard to erase.

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always so inspirational. Thanks for the messages you give us. Hope all is well and things are moving along for the wedding. Miss you guys!

Pattie D said...

Connie,
I don't think you will probably remember me, but we met 7 years ago at the wedding reception of your nephew Alex and his wife Kimberly. I am her mother. I just want to say thank you for your inspirational posts. I loved your last one on this month's VT message and I especially appreciate this post, I think it is the best done I have seen so far. Thank you
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Here, Here....what more is there to say!