Friday, March 5, 2010

Food the Thought

This thought is on a poster my dear mom gave me. I have pondered on it a lot lately, and thought I'd share:
I was regretting the past
and fearing the future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:
"My name is I AM"
He paused. I waited. He continued,
"When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WAS.
When you live in the future, with its problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WILL BE.
When you live in this moment it is not hard. I am here,
My name is I AM."
~Helen Mallicoat

4 comments:

Ashley Rasmussen said...

cute

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

I love that. It's very true. We should all ponder this often and remember it every day. Love ya.

GG JO and GG VAR said...

Im glad you kept that beautiful poem, I hope you read it often and apply it in your life. LOVE YA!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I need to read this at least once a week!

Thank you!