Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home from Nome and Other Remote Villages

Rick is home from another remote work stay..... This is the Bering Sea, at Nome. When he is out in some of the remote villages, and he returns to Nome, being the hub.... he says, "There's no place like 'Nome!'" ....literally!

He enjoys the wildlife.... caribou.
....wild muskox. He said he wants to hunt them.... they don't look like they would be too hard to H.U.N.T!


♥ Connie

5 comments:

Pattie D said...

I love your pictures! What a beautiful place. I have not been over to visit your blog for quite some time, had to leave comments here and there :D. I bet summer is winding down for you guys. Finally this morning leaving for seminary it felt a tad cooler....haha! That is all relative isn't it! I would be ever so grateful to have fall come to the Old Pueblo earlier than later...just saying.

Anonymous said...

I can't ever seem to get enough of seeing the landscape, wildlife and beauty of Alaska! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place! Welcome home Rick!

Anonymous said...

Glad Rick is home safe and sound. Does he usually go off for long periods of time? What amazing country. Miss you guys!

Ashley Rasmussen said...

looks like fun

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Good pictures. It's so nice to have the hubbies home. :)