If/When our grand kids learn the 13 Articles of Faith before they graduate from Primary, they earn them self $100.00. Lexi is only eight, just got baptized and she told the Articles of Faith to me and then to Papa. I have to say, I was so very impressed! She didn't need any key words or any correction. All 13 were perfect! Congratulations Lexi!
We are proud of you!
We always have a $100.00 bill on the fridge with a note: "This $100.00 bill is for the next grand kid to recite the
13 Articles of Faith perfectly to Papa". ~bribery or incentive?
♥ Connie
♥ Connie

6 comments:
Cute post! That is so neat that she got them all memorized and so well. Go Lexi! Some may think it's bribery but I lean more towards an incentive. It's something they'll remember forever and it motivates them to do something positive. It's great! Ya'll are awesome Grandparents! Love ya! XOXO
I am so proud of her!! She is so amazing and did them all perfect and not one mistake! She's known them for awhile but wanted to make sure she had them all memorized perfect!!! She touched a special place in my heart, love her!:)
And thanks for doing something so special, it's not just about the money the kids will remeber this forever (although i did tell her
$50 was mine...she didn't go for that!:)
I don't think it really matters! Besides I once here that bribery was a legitimate form of parenting and if it works....
You both are great examples...THANK YOU!
HUGS
I LOVE that idea. I have bribed Kurt our oldest that if he gets perfect attendance and an A at the end of the year we will pay him $200 :)
We've also told him that whatever saving he puts toward a mission when he gets back we will offer double in cash. We'll see how that goes. I love that idea.
That is such an awesome idea! Keith and I need to do that. Guess I just need to figure out how to get a hundred dollar bill! LOL! Love you guys!
Way to go Lex!!!!!
Post a Comment