Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Treats and G-kids

Halloween was always a fun holiday growing up and when my kids were younger. My "liken" for the holiday has lessened as the years have gone by. But I do feel like my g-kids need to have fun experiencing this holiday. This year was a little difficult for getting my Halloween on. Being under the weather for the last few weeks, I did manage to put together a bag of goodies for the g-kids and made each one of the families a pumpkin shaped brownie. Sometimes good enough is just good enough....All my special little "trick or treat" g-kids arrived all at once, so relishing in each ones individual personality and costume was near impossible. But they made my night. They were all so VERY CUTE! As I sit here tonight all alone in a quiet house, I have reflected on the many great Halloweens past. For many years I would take my little kids to my moms and they would create a costume from her dress-up cache. I don't ever remember buying a costume, you either made it or created it from old dance or play costumes.
When, oh when, did they ever grow up? It went by way too fast, thank heavens for memories....
♥ Connie

5 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Look at those cute babies all dressed-up!! Such a great Grandma!-What fun memories

Rosie said...

Cute post Mom! I remember that Halloween...good memories. Thanks for the goodies:)

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Maja, it's funny when your "good enough" is better than mosts "best". And that is the truth! :) Sure do admire ya Maja. Thanks for the goodies. Brinley has eaten most of hers, with a little help ofcourse. ;) Great post! Love ya!!! XOXO

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Thanks for the yummy goodies!!:) The kids did get a "bite"...i don't know who ate the rest;)
And I can totally see Adi in the picture of Brooks as a kid!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your posts. You are so amazing and creative.